Need ideas for healthy eating? Here’s a daily sample menu to help out.
So, some of you have asked for sample regimens for diet & exercise. Well here are ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner to help you stay on track.
- Eat six small meals a day. Three small healthy meals with three snacks. This will keep your metabolism up and you will burn off fat faster.
- Try and workout 3-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes each.
- Cheat a little! Take one day a week to treat yourself for your hard work. But don’t go overboard now.
- Oatmeal made with skim milk. Add dices apple and pinch of cinnamon. Glass of light OJ.
- Slice of whole-wheat toast with organic peanut butter spread. Glass of juice preferably light.
- Omelette made with three egg whites or if you like the yolk limit it to 2 (to keep cholesterol in check, only eat 3 full eggs a week) filled with tomatoes, green peppers, onions, a LITTLE cheese, and any other veggies you like. Glass of skim milk or light OJ.
Mid-Morning Snack: A handful of unsalted almonds or a banana or other piece of fresh fruit
Lunch: You want to incorporate more carbs at lunch to keep you going throughout the day. You don’t need so many at dinner because it will be closer to bed time.
- Four ounces of lean chicken with handful of whole-wheat pasta and chopped vegetables
- Half of turkey sandwich on whole-wheat bread with a side salad (light on the dressing) or cup of soup (non-creamy)
- Salmon and vegetables with brown rice
- Tuna mixed with light mayo on whole-wheat crackers
Mid-afternoon snack: Tablespoon of mixed seeds (sesame, pumpkin, or sunflower seeds), string cheese, or piece of fruit (apple with peanut butter)
- Medium-sized salmon fillet, baked in foil with lemo or lime juice and teaspoon olive oil. Mashed sweet potatoes, broccoli and carrots. Small cup of low-fat yogurt for dessert.
- Small grilled lean pork steak with roasted vegetables. Fruit salad topped with 3 teaspoonfuls low-fat cream for dessert.
- Small baked potato with little butter and light sour cream. Side salad or vegetables with little parmasian cheese on top.
- Whole wheat noodles with vegetables in marinara.
Evening snack: Raw vegetables and hummus, whole-grain crackers, rice cakes (SOMETHING VERY VERY LIGHT) Limit fluids 2 hours before bed.