5 Easy Ways To Cut Down Fat and Calories
Check out this list for simple ways to watch that sexy figure of yours. These are very easy ways to make minor changes to your diet that will truly make a difference. Check it out.
- Buy non-fat dairy products including skim milk, fat-free yogurt, and fat-free cheeses. Whole milk and cheese can be very high in fat, but you can easily cut that fat and calories by buying those non-fat products. Scope out the low-fat and fat-free ice creams and yogurts next time you are lingering in the dessert aisle at the grocery store. For those chocolate lovers, checkout Skinny Cow’s fat-free chocolate milk, this is always a nice treat at any of time of the day.
- Buy egg substitutes like egg beaters or egg whites. There is no fat content in these products, but the protein is still there. Once you add cheese, ketchup or whatever strikes your fancy you will never know you are eating an egg substitute. You can also use egg substitutes when baking cakes, cookies, muffins, etc.
- Buy light salad dressings and mayonaise. A salad can quickly turn very fattening once salad dressing is added. So next time don’t make the mistake of thinking you are eating healthy because you are having a salad for dinner when in fact the salad dressing just added 20 grams of fat or more. You can easily fix that by eating reduced fat salad dressings. The same goes for those mayo lovers. Test out light mayo or miracle whip next time.
- Substitute turkey burgers for hamburgers. You can use ground turkey instead of ground beef in those juicy entrees to watch the fat content and I promise they taste just as juicy. Turkey burger patties have roughly about 8 grams of fat and 190 calories, depending on the brand. My favorite brand is Jennie-O…. she makes quite a mean burger.
- Buy reduced sugar or lower sugar products. Quaker now offers many of its products with reduced sugar such as their granola bars, oatmeal and cereal bars. Too much sugar in a diet turns to fat so always be conscious of how much sugar you are consuming throughout the day.